links / resources
Here you will find a list of links and resources to help you train, including route descriptions and maps of the Hare and Hounds' main running routes. Don't forget our own training pages either, or Captain Lucy's Core Stability Handout. Captain Si's has written some Running Specific Strengthening Exercises. Captain Andy has also released a guide to Mental Training, which is not to be missed. We also maintain a list of physios and sports masseurs in the Cambridge area.
External Running Resources
- Gmaps pedomoter for measuring running routes.
- Sports Injury Clinic for all sorts of info on injuries.
- Physio first for info on physiotherapists.
- Massage Therapy for the London School of Sports Massage.
- Dr. Pribut's Running Injuries Page for info on running injuries.
- Sweatshop for products and shop location. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability in the Cambridge shop.
- Up and Running - store located at 36 Trinity Street. There is a 10% Harey discount on all regularly priced items.
- Common Injuries An Up and Running infographic on common running injuries
- Running in cold weather - website all about running in cold weather, including reviews of cold-weather running gear.
Oxbridge Running Club Links
- Cambridge University Athletics Club (C.U.A.C.).
- Cambridge University Triathlon Club (CUTriC).
- Cambridge University Orienteering Club (C.U.O.C.).
- Oxford University Cross-Country Club (O.U.C.C.C.).
- Oxford University Athletics Club (O.U.A.C.).
- Achilles Club (Achilles).
Cambridge University College Running Clubs
Other Academic Running Clubs
- Edinburgh University Hare and Hounds.
- Leeds University Union Cross-Country club.
- Loughborough Athletic Club.
- Bristol University Cross-Country and Athletics.
- Nottingham University Athletics Club.
- Imperial College X-country and Athletics Club.
- Reading University X-country and Athletics Club.
- Groningen University Athletics Club "Vitalis".
- Queen's University Belfast Athletics Club.
Other UK Non-Academic Running Club Links
- Thames Hare & Hounds: Oldest cross-country club in the world; hosts of the Varsity Match and the annual mob match. For anyone leaving Cambridge and moving to London, details of their training sessions can be found here.
- Cheshire Tally Ho!: 2nd-oldest; annual participants in the Roman Road Run.
Websites of runners connected with Cambridge University
- Andy Baddeley Great Britain 1500m: Andy Baddeley graduated from Cambridge in 2004 and ran in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. He is coached by Andy Hobdell. Read more about him on his website.
- UK Athletics
- Amateur Athletic Association (AAA)
- South of England Athletics Association (SEAA)
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
- The Olympics
- British Universities Sports Association (BUSA)
- British Milers Club News (BMC): Organisation of British middle distance runners. Includes info on fixtures and very comprehensive lists of top times
General Running Info and Links
- GBRathletics.com: Includes an astounding amount of info on all things related to British athletics
- LetsRun.com: More international running news than you can shake a stick at; includes a popular (and often very spirited) message board
- University Athletics UK
- Athletics Weekly: The popular magazine
- Onrunning.com: Lots of news, linked to the Great Run
- Pat Hoffmanfs Running Analysis: Grab-bag of all sorts of things, including pace/split calculators
- Harris Active Sports: Supplier of sports nutrition products